What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Why are cookies used on the Select Portfolio Website?
None of the cookies we use collect your personal information and they can’t be used to identify you.
Types of cookies.
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our websites.
Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our websites remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information.
Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but don’t contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
The analytics services we use are:
- Pardot, which helps us improve the way we serve our customers. The cookies that Pardot use lets us recognise and count the number of visitors we have and see how they use our site.
- Olark, our Live Chat functionality sets a number of cookies to identify the same visitor between visits & track the chat session. To find out more, visit: https://www.olark.com/help/cookies
- Yoshki - this site is linked to our AIPP ‘click to verify’ member logo in the Select Resorts Properties website footer. It needs to drop a cookie to know what website you are coming from so that the AIPP can verify we are members. [BW1]
- Sharethis - this tags visitors on the websites that tracks the content viewed by the visitor and pages which use the ShareThis Publisher Applications. Pixel tags are then used to transfer browsing data from visitors of Publishers’ websites to ShareThis and our data partners.
- CloudFlare - this site helps apply security on a per-client basis. https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-Cloudflare-cfduid-cookie-do-
The cookies we use do not store personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or payment information.
How to delete cookies.
If you want to restrict or block the cookies we set, you can do this through your browser. Each browser is different; therefore, you will need to refer to the help function in your browser to tell you how to do this.
Alternatively, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on cookies on a wide variety of browsers. You will also be able to find out more about controlling cookies on your browser and mobile devices.
Cookies in Emails.
Making choices about cookies.
If you don’t want to accept cookies from our emails, simply delete it before opening, or close the email before downloading any images or clicking on any links. You can also set your browser to restrict or reject cookies. These settings will apply to all cookies on websites and emails.
In some instances, depending on your email or browser settings, cookies in an email may be automatically accepted. Please check your email browser or device instructions for more information on this.
You can find out more about Cookies and safeguarding your online experience by visiting networkadvertising.org.