First Villa Complete at St Kitts Real Estate Resort Oceans Edge
04 March 2010
Frigate Bay, St Kitts, March 2010 - Picture waking up to the sun rising over the Atlantic Ocean each morning followed by a nice dip in your infinity edge pool. Then after a beautiful day of sun and relaxation, enjoy a stunning sunset over the Caribbean Sea from the terrace of your new villa at Ocean's Edge Resort, the jewel in the crown of real estate in St Kitts.
Located 180 feet above sea level, this 4,500 square-foot luxury St Kitts villa property includes three bedrooms plus a guest house pavilion and a 25 foot long infinity edge pool. The villa, with its three terraces, offers spectacular views to the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, the Royal St Kitts Golf Course and St Kitts' lush landscape of mountains and rainforest.
The new owners remarked that their villa "has more than lived up to our expectations so far. We are blessed with the most stunning views. The villa itself is built to a very high standard and all the fixtures and fittings are by quality branded manufacturers. Our investment was designed to enable us to escape the harsh British winter and, as luck would have it, an extra bonus is that we have missed the worst winter in some 30 years."
Robert Scott, Regional Director at Ocean's Edge said, "This is an exciting milestone for Ocean's Edge, and we are proud to have completed and handed over the finished product to our esteemed villa owners. The vision is now a reality, and we are thrilled."
Ocean's Edge is being designed to meet the standards of Green Globe 21Benchmarking program, the only globally recognized brand that assures commitment to improved environmental and social outcomes for a more sustainable travel and tourism industry. The designs also fully comply with Miami-Dade Hurricane certification.
Ocean's Edge, a resort development with plans for 190 condominiums and 32 villa lots for bespoke villas, launched sales of Phase 3A in autumn of 2009, with construction slated to commence at the end of March 2010. To date, of the 15 villa plots currently released for sale, 9 have been sold with construction of 4 villas currently underway and commencement of a further two villas set to begin shortly.
"Now that the delivery of the first villa has taken place, alongside several completed hillside and beachfront apartments, we remain very confident that our sales momentum will continue as we move forward," added Damian Hamp-Adams, Regional Director of Sales for Ocean's Edge.
Phases 1 and 2 at Ocean's Edge featuring 30 hillside apartments and 16 one-bedroom beachfront apartments were completed in December 2009, and are sold out. Many of the completed apartments are already being rented out as part of Ocean's Edge interim rental / management program which provides rental and property management services prior to the resort operator coming on board. This program is responding to the strong demand on the island for rental accommodation.
Clients with an interest in St Kitts property for sale can participate in a three-night subsidized inspection trip to experience St. Kitts and Ocean's Edge first hand. For more information on Ocean's Edge Resort please email [email protected] or visit www.oceansedgestkitts.com
About Ocean's Edge
Ocean's Edge is a vacation home development in St. Kitts overlooking Frigate Bay that combines luxury outdoor and indoor living. The development covers 40 acres and comprises 190 condominiums including one-, two- and three-bedroom beachfront units, two-bedroom hillside units, two- and three-bedroom poolside cottages. In addition, 32 villa lots offering some of the finest views on the island are available with the option of building a three or four-bedroom+ villa. A variety of leisure and entertainment facilities are planned, including a boutique gym, restaurant, pools, tennis courts and beautifully landscaped recreation spaces. A property management and rental program will help ensure stress-free ownership and the project is also pre-approved for St Kitts' Economic Citizenship Programme.
Ocean's Edge is owned by Cable Bay Hotel Development Company Limited; a consortium of stakeholders comprised of Newfound Cable Bay Corporation and locally based partners TDC Ltd., Mansha Ltd. and SKNA National Bank Ltd.
Ocean's Edge is located within ten minutes of the R L Bradshaw International Airport and is adjacent to the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club - one of a select few golf courses in the Caribbean with views over both the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. St. Kitts welcomes guests on non-stop flights from New York (JFK), Miami FL, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC and San Juan PR, daily arrivals from other Caribbean islands and weekly flights from the UK on British Airways. For more information on Ocean's Edge Resort, please email [email protected] or visit www.oceansedgestkitts.com
Savills Select Resorts
Savills, a leading global real estate service provider listed on the London Stock Exchange, has been appointed as international agents to sell and market Ocean's Edge. The company, established in 1855, has over 200 offices and associates throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and Middle East. The Savills name has become synonymous with luxury residential property worldwide and the experienced international residential team is dedicated to providing a superior sales and marketing service.
Savills' associate office, Select Resorts is responsible for promoting Ocean's Edge to the widest market and to compete effectively in both the emerging and established global markets. To help achieve this goal, in addition to signing on with agencies in the US, Canada and Russia, Savills Select Resorts continues to widen Ocean's Edge's international reach. Agreements have recently been signed between Savills Select Resorts and agencies in Dubai and in Germany also covering Switzerland and Austria. For more information, please visit www.selectresorts.co.uk
For more information, to set up an interview or receive a media kit and/or images, please contact:
Media Contact - US and Canada
Tel + 1 416 926 1967 Mobile + 1 416 788 4573
Email [email protected]
Savills International Press Manager
Tel. +44 (0)20 7016 3740
Email [email protected]
Key Benefits of this Opportunity:
- High quality Caribbean vacation home opportunity at very affordable prices starting from US$359,000.
- Unique beachfront position covering 40 acres on Frigate Bay at the gateway to the Southeast Peninsula, with easy access to amenities including restaurants, casinos, shopping and the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club.
- Attractive Unit Mix: One, two and three-bedroom beachfront condominiums, two-bedroom hillside condominiums, two and three-bedroom poolside cottages and bespoke villas overlooking the ocean.
- All villas are sold with freehold ownership and condos are sold under the terms of the St. Kitts Condominium Act 1976.
- Just a ten minute drive from Robert Llewellyn Bradshaw International Airport.
- Average density of less than five properties per acre.
- Financing available through banks in St. Kitts.
- The impressive range of facilities will include concierge and housekeeping services, a fitness centre, restaurant, pools, tennis courts and beautifully landscaped recreation spaces.
- Owners will be able to make their property available for rental through the resort management company.
Why Invest in St. Kitts
- Citizenship by Investment Programme; Ocean's Edge is an approved project.
- Tax advantages - no income tax, capital gains tax for property owned for 12 months or longer, inheritance tax or wealth tax for both individuals and companies.
- Easy accessibility - nonstop flights from New York, Miami, Charlotte, Atlanta, San Juan, Antigua, St. Martin, London, Toronto (seasonal).
- Pleasant year-round climate averaging 25 to 28 degrees Celsius (77º to 83º Fahrenheit).
- St. Kitts is not over developed as some other areas in the Caribbean with the St. Kitts Government enforcing a Property Policy to maintain the island's appearance.
- A slow-paced island of natural beauty.
- Islands Magazine (2007) listed St. Kitts as one of the top 20 islands on which to live worldwide.